WHAT’S ON

• HOME
  • WHAT’S ON
  • What’s New
CLOSE

What’s New

Speaker holds luncheon meeting with National Assembly sanitation workers

• Aug 14, 2024
Speaker holds luncheon meeting with National Assembly sanitation workers 관련사진 1 보기

Speaker holds luncheon meeting with National Assembly sanitation workers 관련사진 3 보기

Speaker holds luncheon meeting with National Assembly sanitation workers 관련사진 4 보기

Speaker holds luncheon meeting with National Assembly sanitation workers 관련사진 5 보기

Speaker Woo Won-shik holds luncheon meeting 

with National Assembly sanitation workers

- Over 200 sanitation workers are directly employed by the National Assembly since 2017 

- Speaker Woo urges the National Assembly’s leadership in improving the treatment of dispatched workers 

nationwide, while expressing gladness at enhancing labor conditions and welfare joy

The Republic of Korea’s National Assembly Speaker Woo Won-shik on July 16 held a luncheon meeting with National Assembly cleaning staff to acknowledge their hard work and to explore ways to improve their treatment as the 22nd National Assembly gets under way. The National Assembly Secretariat used to outsource cleaning work, but in 2017 a budget was allocated for their direct employment. Since then, the approximately 200 workers have been directly contracted as permanent employees of the National Assembly Secretariat. 

Speaker Woo stated, “I believe that the National Assembly must set an example in improving the treatment of dispatched workers nationwide, which is why as a member of the Euljiro Committee I pushed for the direct employment of sanitation workers.” He continued, “I am very pleased that through this, we can enhance workers’ labor conditions and welfare. As Speaker, I will continue to ensure that the National Assembly addresses your difficulties at work and rewards you appropriately for your efforts.”

The luncheon was attended by more than 90 workers, including Jo Jeong-ok, Chairman of the National Assembly Environmental Union; and Hwang Eui-hyung, head of Main Building team 1. From the Speaker’s Office, attendees included Jo O-seop, Chief of Staff to the Speaker; and Lee Won-jung, Senior Secretary for Policy to the Speaker, and from the National Assembly Secretariat Lim Jong-soo, Director General of the Management and Maintenance Bureau.

<End>

OPEN 출처표시 공공누리 공공저작물 자유이용허락
The work is available according to the 'Public Nuri' source indication-commercial availability-transformable conditions