> INTRODUCTION > Organization > Support Organizations
National Assembly Secretariat
- In order to support the activities such as legislation, examination of the budget and the settlement of accounts, etc., and to manage the administrative affairs of the National Assembly, the Secretariat of the National Assembly shall be established in the National Assembly (Article 21 of the National Assembly Act).
- The Secretary General shall be appointed by the Speaker with the approval of the plenary session of the National Assembly in consultation with representative members of each negotiation group, and shall, under the supervision of the Speaker, control the affairs of the National Assembly, and shall direct and supervise public officials under his or her jurisdiction (Article 21 of the National Assembly Act).
- Under the Secretary General shall be a Deputy Secretary-General for Legislative Affairs in charge of supporting the legislative affairs and committee work; and a Deputy Secretary-General for Administrative Affairs in charge of managing administrative affairs, such as planning, budgeting, human resources, inter-parliamentary affairs, training and general services, and public information planning.
National Assembly Library
- In order to administer affairs concerning books and legislative materials of the National Assembly, the National Assembly Library shall be established (Article 22 of the National Assembly Act).
- It shall maintain general books, periodicals, papers, multimedia and non-book materials, as well as the collection of social science and humanities resources; and shall collect, arrange, analyze, and provide a variety of data for legislative activities and examinations of state administration; and shall allow public access to these resources.
National Assembly Budget Office
- A National Assembly Budget Office shall be established to research, analyze, and appraise matters concerning the budget, the settlement of accounts, the management of funds and finances of the State, as well as to support parliamentary activities (Article 22-2 of the National Assembly Act).
- It shall research and analyze budget bills, settlement of accounts, bills for fund operation and the settlement of fund accounts; estimate the costs of bills requiring the use of budgeted money or other funds; analyze and make forecasts of financial trends regarding the State and macro-economy; analyze and assess major public projects; make forecasts regarding mid-and long-term finances of the State; and conduct analyses requested by committees or members of the National Assembly.
National Assembly Research Service
- The National Assembly Research Service shall be established to support parliamentary activities related to legislative information supporting services by conducting study and research on matters concerning legislation and policies and by providing relevant materials and information.
- It shall research and study matters concerning legislation and policies; collect and manage relevant materials; analyze trends of domestic and foreign legislation; and conduct analyses requested by committees, members of the National Assembly, and members’ research groups.